Monday 18 February 2013

A single step is all it takes...

So here it is. My first step unto fufilling my dream... in a few hours time.

The Chinese New Year weeks were busy but so much fond memories... time with family... meals with friends... happy feasting and sharing.

My heart is filled to the brim with so much unconditional help, assurance, good wishes and love from my family and the small group of close friends. I am leaving with mixed emotions, excitement and anticipation, missing my family and friends already.

In the span of short few days, I recieved so so much from family and friends...

Recieved Shin's book by Paul Theroux and an interesting illustrated card she did and experimented with snow. Of course the set of heat-tech garments from UNIQLO will keep me warm during the cold weather. Most of all, I got to meet Pek Ha, Shin's mum who so kindly meet me and drove me to where I am supposed to meet my friends for dinner. I was really happy to see her glowing and put on some weight, healthy and happy. When she gave me a tight hug before we seperate, I almost teared. I wish Pek Ha good health and youthful spirit always. ~_~

Ann-chi and Germaine gave me 2 packs of travellers' body wash and shampoo with conditioner, in paper form. Real compact and clever. And a loud red safety alarm which beats the whistle that I packed. Another heart-warming time with the ladies again (yes...Mama Pat and Lisa too). We had a special guest this time, Seetha! As usual, we took a long time to part, standing in circle talking somemore, in the toilet, in the empty mall...

And Peggy, my dear dear friend and the one who inspire me so much with her life... You are missed dearly. I know you are watching over me from heavens. Thanks!

My sisters and hubbies gave me a hat which fits my small head and gives very good shade. "Will be great for your farming." How ideal! It is a very lovely earth-coloured one, with UV protection. Japanese designed and I simply love it. My brother and wife gave me a turtle neck warmer-top from MUJI. His wife, Kelly passed me a red packet from the temple. "For good luck and protection."

And yes, little brother Wee and wife, Jo gave me a travel journal to pen my thoughts and experiences.

My siblings and their spouses helped me so much with my flat, my getting ready for my trip... the list goes on. I really cannot do it without them.

Friends... I am lucky, so lucky and blessed to have friends like them:

Yanee tried real hard to squeeze time to meet up for breakfast and send me her wishes and real delicious (and expensive) cupcakes. ~_<

Then I recieve a sling bag from Nur, who had earlier passed me her Olympus Pen; a purple shawl from sweet Marina... seeing Geok Choo again and yes, a great surprise indeed. Meeting beautiful Lydia and Zie with her baby Arshaq....great time sharing each other's presence and dreams...Bee Leng, you are there in spirit. Ha ha!

Helen passed me her Swiss knife much to my pleasant surprise. Mine is not working too well.

I was litterally brimming in my heart and spirit with their sharings and love.

And, to end the night yesterday, I recieved a surprise call from Shin. My eyes feel quite teary listening to Shin's voice so close and warm, despite us being oceans apart. From the bottom of my heart, I wish her and hubby the very best in their life in UK.

It did not stop here... a few hours ago, Norlinah called me and made me miss her silliness and nonsensical chit chat. Kawan, you always make me laugh.

My mother, the one who live her life just for her children so unconditionally.
I know I have caused her much worries whenever I travel. This time, she is worried as how mothers will, but she never uttered any negative words. She is still her usual self, giving, helping and loving me in her quiet dilligence.

I often travel with some adventure and sometimes, ventured into some risky places and incidences. It must be the prayers and good wishes from my mum, family and friends which keep me safe all this while.

This time, I will be more mindful and safe, for my mother.

I love these words and wishes from Sharifah, which I am bringing with me as a constant reminder and guidance.

"In everything you do, have a purpose,
Prepare to pursue with a prayer,
Ask for guidance, protection & direction,
Give thanks to answered prayers,
Have faith in your ability to succeed,
Be positive & never look back.

If you keep all this in your mind, you won't wrong."

To Mom, my family and friends (many of whom I just could not list), and the kind parents of my students, I pass these wise words and wishes to you.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

 * pardon my long entry today... see, I'm filled to the brim, no... overflowing with love from so many people. ~_~
Very thoughtful & useful gifts from the ladies.

Feel so loved when I recieve this from dear Shin... all the way from UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment