Sunday 3 February 2013

On becoming a Traveller

I am inspired by the few true travellers I met on some of the few trips I made over the past years. Backpacking with my faithful bible, The Lonely Planet to countries, with not much plan but packed with loads of wanderment while leaving my traces on these foreign lands. I enjoy every moment... cherish every faces, exchanges and sharings with the locals and other travellers. Good or bad experiences... they are all experiences to broaden my perspective, to strengthen and smarten me as a person.(see, I'm really not a very smart or strong lady...just manage to get by..)

My trip to Iran was a time which affirmed my desire. Met a young Norwegian lady who was working at the budget hotel I was staying. 

She is able to speak Farsi, the common Iranian language.Fascinated, I asked her what she does back home. 

"I am a traveller." she replied surely, matter-of-factly.

The few travellers whom I was fortunate to know, they do not travel to sight-see like most tourists do...they chose the path less travelled. Their purpose is to explore, to understand, to immerse, to live facing the unknown and absorb the moments they are in a foreign land. Travellers do not have a fixed itenary. Freedom is of such value to us all.

"I am a traveller."
The conviction in this traveller alone is enough to inspire and move me.

And so, here it begins my first step to a new chapter of my life...nothing spectacular for most women entering into 40s, but it means a life to me ...

~_~

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful... And you have inspired me in a lot of ways... Thank you Irene...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salem, Nur! ~_~ You are the first to comment. Seeing you soon...

      Delete
  2. To each is His Will for you.

    Thank you Irene for putting up this blog. For someone like me, who does not travel much and far, your pics and words bridge me with the outside. Keep moving. Keep enjoying. Most importantly, keep following HIM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vietnam visa comes with different validity periods. There are multiple entry visas with one month validity which allows the visitor to exit and enter the country several times within the stipulated one month duration, every information And Facilities Available At https://www.greenvisa.io

    ReplyDelete