Sunday 24 March 2013

From the greens of the farm to the blues of Peng Hu

Arrived in Bayhouse Hostel in Peng Hu 棚 湖 on 21st March. I felt quite unsettled on the first day here. It's a transition from a home-like warmth and routine life in the organic farm to a almost ghost-like little village in Shui San 水山, the southern tip of Peng Hu.

I was adjusting my mentality and mood. After recieving so much hospitality from Vincent and Sally in 内普,Ping Tung 屏东 and  befriending the mother and daughter LiJuan 丽娟 and Little Irene 小 I, I feel a sense of lost somehow. As I walked on the lanes of this quiet town, I hardly see any souls.

In Peng Hu, the main town centre is at Magong 马公市区. That is about 30 mins bus ride. It is really best to have a scooter or car and travel in Peng Hu archipelago. I figured that out already on my first day as I waited almost 2 hours for the bus to go to town centre. Simply because I missed the earlier bus.

During my short four days in Peng Hu, figuring and understanding the bus schedule is what I mastered. ~_< Much restrictions in time as travelling to other parts of Peng Hu from town centre may take 30 mins to an hour. And buses to these other towns have 2 to 4 hours interval. That means, I can only visit one or two places each day. However, I am not dampened by it. I just want to take in the lifestyle here.

As I have to take the bus from where I stay to the main station at Magong Town Centre, in order to take other buses to other parts of PengHu then travel back to the main bus station again, I end my days just watching the sea and the clouds at the bay where Rainbow Bridge 彩虹桥 is.

On my second evening, heavens graciously granted me a gift. It was a sunny day unlike the first, when it was cloudy and extremely windy. It reveals in the skyline the orange glow of the sun while it is setting...I sat there a distance away from the couple whose silloute helps add some interest to my picture. And just pause and take in the gradual transition in the sky. It lifts my spirit and I felt myself more light hearted again.

Some young people stood along the parapet and took pictures and two ladies were equally transfixed by its beauty, snapping pictures of themselves in front of the phenomenal transition.

The park reminds me of Marina Bay in Singapore, where families or friends will come and just chill and marvel at the night skyline. Children's laughter with their parents taking their evening strolls make me miss my family's presence at that very moment. I visualise all my young nieces laughing and playing together, Victoria 姐姐 laughing along with Gabriel 哥哥 trying to chase and tease them. My mum and siblings relaxed with the children's simple joy. They will love the sight and the vastness of the space here.

I stayed there till it gets dark and I saw the moon while getting ready to leave.
'Ah! Thank you Moon... Moon Lady.' I said to myself.

Peggy came to my mind. 'Moon Lady' is the name she gave me as I love looking out for the moon at night.
'You must be watching over me behind the moon in heavens?' I thought to myself. 
'Thank you Peggy. How are you?', I spoke to the heavens and the moon.

Seeing the solitaire of the Moon glowing in the dark sky often calms me and gave a sense of assurance. At home in Singapore, I will move my matress and sleep under the moon light whenever it enters my room.

That very night will stay deep in my memory. A normal moment can be special when we stop and take in with appreiciation of Mother Nature. Not forgetting our loved ones..



The mighty sun humbly downs its radience to give way for the moon's quiet glow...



On my third night here at the bay, while as routinely waiting for the 7pm bus back to my hostel, I managed to see the lighted up Rainbow Bridge. It was cloudy that day and hence no more witnessing of the sun setting like the day before.
That's how Mother Nature is. When she grants you a gift like the beauty of the sun setting or showering us a gift of a rainbow after the rain, pause and take in the moment. It is meant for you, just you, at that very moment. The next time, it will never be the same again.

4 comments:

  1. A tiring weekend for me, a little grouchy too, for not having sufficient rest n having to do loads on a weekend. But reading your blog chased away all these negative vibes.....makes me reflect a little as I prepare to rest for the night. Thank you, friend, for putting back a little smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama Pat, hope Carrie's good result wipes off all blues. Miss you ladies...

      Delete
  2. Can I share this article on my facebook with friends?
    Lichuan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you may, just this.it's nnot well written, just how I felt n percieve things at that moment. ~_~

      Delete