Thursday 7 March 2013

In the fantasy world of Jimmy and the real world of Xi Han Er

Things cropped up during my stay in Taiwan. My mother and Daniel's family are to come Taipei for a short tour. It is heaven's will it is not to be as little Olivia popped with a chicken pox on her back and so starts the NO Taiwan tour for them.

Someimes what we wished and hoped for may not happen. That's what life is. Always full of unexpectations. Such situations often make me down but gives me opportunities to learn to be positive and look forward. Need not be major, but little incidents in life, especially durring my travels have taught me to take things as it is and not be too rigid. Let it be, come what may!

So back in Taipei for one day to collect my main backpack from Flip Flop hostel, I went to Xi Gang MRT station. Just for these....







Jimmy's illustrations * Famous Taiwanese illustrator and novelist

Turn left....


Turn Right...





I was totally thrilled and loitered in the station for a while, taking in every little actions and expression in each character. Thank you, heavens.

Next, I took the Mrt on the same east line to Guo Fu Ji Nian Guan Station. Mission is to look for Xi Han Er pastry shop. The food and beverage business run with the service and bakery skills of children and adults with intellectual disability and down syndrome.

I was served by this tall young man when I made my payment at the counter. It is obvious he is different when he starts speaking. I am however impressed by how he caculates the total costs and even corrected me when I was trying to take the exact amount.
Bought a collection of freshly baked biscuits to bring to Vincent and Sally, the owners of the organic farm in PingTung where I will be WWOOFing. At the end of the day, I felt it was a fulfilling day and it helps overcome some blues in Taipei.


Be focused and dilligent, make effort to smile and be happy, in everyday.

Delicious cookies and pastries done with love, sincerity and determination by children and adults with special needs


No comments:

Post a Comment