Wednesday 27 March 2013

Last night in Taiwan, meeting my little brother...

On my last night in Taiwan, I was so so excited to be meeting my little brother, Wee with his wife and little En En. Even if it was just for less than 30 mins. They have planned for a short trip with his in-laws. They are to go Tai Chong straight from the airport. It was an impromtu arrangement to meet them.

I spend a few hours in Cheng Ping bookstore again in the morning and bought a few book.s. For my siblings... Wee will have a heavy bag to bring home on my behalf.

On the hour bus ride to TaoYuan Airport, I could not contain my excitement...Arrived in airport 2 hours early and started writing to my family. The bag of gifts and letters, I send with all my love and thoughts of them. Hope they all like them.

It took almost 40mins of standing at the arrival panel waiting in anticipation of seeing Wee pushing his trolley of luggages or with En En siting on it entering my view... I never knew it could be such a mix of excitement and slight disappointment when each time, it is not the person you are looking forward to meet.

The short moment with Wee, little En En and Ching Ling is so wonderful. Being able to give hugs to them, talking to them, seeing little En Ens excitement... and being able to pass some of my things to Wee and yes, the bag of gifts! Wee passed me a small paper bag of gifts too... cards from my sisters Bettina and Angelia and a bottle of ginseng powder and my black watch from mum. Bettina has thoughtfully packed some 2 in 1 coffee bags for me, knowing well that I will need them.

I cherish the short moment of togetherness with family as I will not be able to see them in this way for the next couple of months.

On the bus journey back, I read the cards from my sisters... their words touched and moved me, sensing how much they have been thinking and praying for me. Their love moved me to tears.

Thank you, my dear family, for being so supportive and thinking of me.
I will always remind myself to continue to be positive and enjoy the moments of my journey, taking the positive and negatives in stride.

I have since arrived in Fukuoka last night. An unexpected situation happened which I allowed myself to be upset by it...
But the night ends with much heart warming time at the guest house, in the warmth of the staff and Japanese, Hong Kong and German travellers here... that I stayed till pass midnight just chating and enjoying their company... will update in a later post...

My dear friends and family, I hope you will not be too disappointed if I could not share much photos at times... which I will try to if possible. I hope the sharing of my thoughts and experiences can also keep you interested. Thank you to all who are still taking time to enter the internet and read my sharing. Take care, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment